What Is Included
- Airport pickups and drops ina private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights from Jomsom to Pokhara and from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Himalayan Glacier’s trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (ACAP, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
Annapurna with Tilicho Lake Trek is a fantastic journey along the famous Annapurna region and to Tilicho Lake (4949m), one of the highest lakes in the world. The trail cuts through varied elevations, and has climates ranging from semi-tropical to desert, and with the landscapes varying from sub-tropical to alpine forests to snowy barren, and the stunning rocky Thorongla mountain pass with an altitude of 5416 meters. The trip begins in Kathmandu with visits to several cultural heritage sites. Next, drive to Chamje and begin the trek from Dharapani. The 17-day Annapurna with Tilicho Lake Trek concludes in Jomson after which you will fly to Pokhara, followed by another flight to Kathmandu.
This is a 17-day trek best for trekkers willing to not just walk on the Annapurna circle trail but also reach the serene Tilicho Lake. However, for trekkers who prefer a shorter trek in mostly the same route then Annapurna Circle Trek – 14 Days is ideal. Another option for trekkers who want to circle the Annapurna massif Annapurna Circuit Trek – 21 Days would be best.
Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
Himalayan Glacier’s 17-day Annapurna with Tilicho Lake Trek is moderate trek suitable for passionate walkers who have the ability to walk at least 5-7 hours a day with a light day pack. Walking in higher altitudes is more physically demanding than walking in lower altitudes; however, if we are in excellent health with average physical fitness and have a positive attitude, self-confidence and strong determination, we can accomplish this trek successfully. Exercising and jogging regularly for some weeks prior to the trip is a good idea to enhance our strength and stability. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. It is vital for participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases to consult their doctor before taking the trip. It is also advised that you inform Himalayan Glacier before booking the trek.